Walking makes you happy!
This is one of the reasons why you should walking every day.
Walking is good for your health: physical and mental.
A recent study from researchers at the University of Michigan found that taking group nature walks could increase your mental well-being and help you feel less depressed. Walking is also a good way to get more vitamin D from the sun, which helps you fight against cancer, depression, heart attacks, and strokes.
A new study from Stanford University shows that walking increases creativity by 60% and doing it outdoors is best for sparking your imagination.
Walking is also a great form of physical activity for people who are overweight, elderly, or who haven’t exercised in a long time.
Health benefits of walking:
1. helps you sleep better
2. burn more calories
3. reduce body fat
4. increased cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
5. reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
6. improved management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
7. makes stronger bones and improved balance
8. increased muscle strength and endurance
9. prevents varicose veins
10. can also reduce your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers
11. Your digestion will improve
12. You'll boost your immunity
13. You'll live longer
14. You’ll boost your creativity and problem solving
Walking is a low impact, requires minimal equipment, can be done at any time of day.
Make walking pleasure and interesting
Some suggestions to help you make regular walking a pleasurable form of physical activity:
* varying where you walk - up hills, on the beach, in mountains (trekking)
* walking with the dog
* walking with friends
* joining a walking club.
Make walking as a part of your daily routine.
Taking a 30-minute walk a day is kind of like that proverbial apple: There’s a good chance it’ll keep the doctor away.
Notice: The recommended number of steps accumulated per day to achieve health benefits is 10,000 steps or more